Friday, January 23, 2009

Book Review: HEART OF STONE by Diana Palmer





Read & Reviewed by J. Kaye



Book Info

• Mass Market Paperback: 224 pages
• Publisher: Silhouette; Special edition (September 1, 2008)
• Language: English
• ISBN-10: 0373249217
• ISBN-13: 978-0373249213



J. Kaye’s Thoughts

This book is part of the Jacobsville, Texas series. I swear all the men in that town basically hate women. The women who fall for them have self-esteem issues. Boone Sinclair, the hero (not) of the story is rich. Keely, the heroine, is poor. And even though her mother is an abusive drunk and father is a criminal, she’s a Christian with high moral. A star is removed from the five star rating since I don’t believe it. No one can come out of that situation as perfect as Keely.

On the plus side, author excelled once again in giving me clear characters. Considering how short the book was, each character, including the minor ones were well defined. That’s one star.

The next thing I look for in a good story is the plot. I don’t think a romance story with a verbally abusive hero is my idea of a good plot. I am sure there are readers who love this stuff. I’m just not one. Another star is removed.

Since I suffer from A.D.D., having a book that lacks dry spots is very important to me. This story didn't have any. There were plenty of angry spots, but that’s not how I rate books. That’s two stars.

For the final thing I look for in a book is a good ending. In romance, there is a happily ever after. I think it’s always, right? In this case, it would have been better if there wasn’t. When Boone kissed Keely at the dance, she should have planted him one with her knee and walked off. That would have been a happy ending to me. So I can’t possibly give a star for the unification of any woman with a bully.


My rating is . Click here for information about my rating system.


No comments: