Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Book Review: CASSANDRA & JANE by Jill Pitkeathley



Read & Reviewed by J. Kaye



Book Info

• Paperback: 288 pages
• Publisher: Harper Paperbacks (September 9, 2008)
• Language: English
• ISBN-10: 0061446394
• ISBN-13: 978-0061446399


J. Kaye’s Thoughts

CASSANDRA & JANE is a fictionalize story of the historical author Jane Austin. The story is told through the eyes of the person who knew her best, her older sister Cassandra.

Jill Pitkeathley begins with the author’s birth and carries readers all the way to her death. With such a realistic presentation, it was hard to see the line between fact and fiction.

Normally biographical-type books, fictionalized or not, bore me to tears. From the beginning, Pitkeathley formed an emotional web attaching me to the characters. I felt each painful disappointment as though I was there. In the end, when Cassandra lost Jane, I felt it too.

This is a powerful portrayal of a beloved historical figure and Pitkeathley’s tale stayed with me days after the final page was read.

My rating is .

Click here for information about my rating system.


No comments: